Light a Candle for Rosie

This candle was lit on the morning our baby Rosie died, at 12 weeks in utero. As the candle melted and got closer to the wick, it should have put itself out but it continued to get brighter and start on fire! The flame grew and grew and even made a hissing sound as it consumed the wick and wax. It had to be Rosie's spirit. Eventually we heard a crack, and the heat of the burning wax/candle cracked the crystal candle holder with a very loud sound and the glass flew onto the plate below.

Such a bright flame for such a short life.
We were truly blessed.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

rosie, are you there?



Just after I added a section explaining the candle that's part of the blog logo, my phone rang.
"Rosie?"An old woman inquired.
My heart stopped.
"Uh... no... this is Amy."
"Oh, I'm sorry. I have the wrong number."
I sat there stunned. Was that purely a coincidence? Or did this have some meaning for me?  What are the odds of my phone ringing just as I publish the blurb about the candle that burned so brightly for Rosie and then the person on the other end asking for "Rosie?"

In dreams, the soul speaks to us in symbols. The same is true in waking life. Often in our dreams, our spirit guides will use things like phones and answering machines to convey very important messages to us.

What was the message here?  Does this mean I still feel like Rosie is a part of me?  Am I not letting her go?

I hope I figure it out soon.  I have been thinking about it all day.

2 comments:

  1. clarity will come in time.
    thinking of you amy. :) xx L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Laurie. I appreciate you taking the time to read each entry and comment. It means so much to me.

    ReplyDelete